Thursday, May 9, 2013

Great books for the summer!

Summer has always been a time for sitting in a lawn chair or on a beach towel and reading in the sunshine. I love summer books. Absolutely love them. Something about the warm weather and escaping in the lives of fictional characters always makes my day.

So here's my summer reading list:

  • Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella. This book looks cute... Lottie, a girl who is desperate to get married and have babies and start her life, breaks up with her boyfriend when he won't commit. Then, out of nowhere, an ex calls her up and reminds her that he was her "if we're not married by the time we're 30, we'll marry each other" guy. So she jumps at the chance. Only her sister isn't too thrilled with this idea... and sets out to sabotage it. I love Sophie Kinsella books. They are not  feminist, girl power books, but that's why I love them. They are silly, sometimes stupid and the characters are likeable, sometimes ditsy and really fun. This book is on my list!

     
  • Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns by Lauren Weisberger. I liked The Devil Wears Prada. It was fashion and fab and the movie was pretty great too. This book is 8 years later. Sometimes I love sequels, sometimes I don't. Hopefully this is a good one! :)
  • The Racketeer  by John Grisham. Not a chick lit book, which is usually the ones I adore, but anything by Grisham is amazing in my eyes. Especially excited to hear that there is a Time to Kill sequel in the works too. This one is about a federal judge who was murdered and a man, Malcom Bannister, a former lawyer now in prison, is one of the few people who knows why. FBI, secrets, exciting. Can't wait.

What are you excited to read?

And, if you haven't read these two books yet, you need to.

Iced Romance and Tanned, Toned and Totally Faking It by Whitney Boyd.   Here's what people are saying about these books on Amazon:
Iced Romance:
"5 stars! Heartbreak and recovery complicated by secondary fame. Like cigarette smoke being involved with celebrities can be hazardous to your heart health. This is an entertaining read with a find yourself and recovery theme." - Linda Jean

"Loved this book! 5 stars! This book had me laughing out loud. Just what I needed to relax and escape for a while. Whitney [Boyd] is just too funny--I can see her in high heels at her job." - Kaikai

"Fun read! A clean, hilarious and captivating book. Kept me turning the pages. Loved the ending, not a typical romance, and I adored it. Will read again and again." - Lydia

"I liked this book. It was your typical love story in most ways, but had a different twist to it. If you are looking for a fun, easy read, then this book is for you!" - Melissa Rice

Tanned, Toned and Totally Faking It
"I loved this book and the way the author wrote in the first person aspect. Not many authors can fully pull that off but she did. Looking forward to reading more from her. I absolutely loved Micky and Jordan and of course story wouldn't be what it was with out good ole Kurt!" - Kimberly Beck

"The second book I read by this author. Great book. Loved how clean it was, funny and relatable. It is the perfect book for an evening in. Could not put it down."  - Lydia

"Totally enjoyed this book. It is such and upbeat book and it gives you a good feeling. Thought it would be a predictable book, but the author kept making turns that kept me from putting the book down. I actually think it would make a good movie. Of course they always say the book is better. I am now anxiously awaiting Whitney Boyd's next publication." -Rondopop

Don't be the last to read these great bestsellers! xox YOLO!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment